Our main platform for Remote Learning will be Google Classroom. Here at PPAS, Google Classroom will be facilitated through our GSuite account: ppasshare.org
All staff and students have been issued a ppasshare.org email. If they have not already done so, students MUST activate their ppasshare.org email. Here are the instructions to do so:
- Open up an internet page, ideally with Google Chrome.
- Go to gmail.com.
- Sign in using this format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use 1234Abcd for your initial set up password. Capitals matter. Change the password once you’re in. Don’t forget to record your password.
- You will receive invites from teachers to join their Google Classrooms along with class codes this week, so check your email regularly.
- Once your Google Classroom are set up, check them daily for remote learning.
All academic classes have a Google Classroom set up. Although students will be receiving invites on their ppasshare.org emails, we will also post the class codes on our website. To access Google Classrooms students should follow the instructions in their email, or go to this link for further support: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6020297?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
To see a list of PPAS Google Classroom codes click here: Link to Classroom Codes
If students have smartphones they should download the Google Classroom app.
Remember that for PPAS Google Classrooms you MUST use your ppasshare.org address. Otherwise you will not be able to join. If you need technical support in setting up your email, contact Mr. Gatton at email@example.com.
Remember that the PPAS Remote Learning Program is not just a support while we are ‘off school.’ We are very much in school. The difference is that school is being carried out remotely to decrease the spread of COVID 19/Coronavirus. It is expected that students complete all tasks that teachers assign.